Thursday, May 26, 2011

Twilight Concert Series 2011

So, super excited today to hear the lineup for this year's Twilight Concert Series. This series has long been a huge reason that I love SLC in the summertime. I was a little bummed to hear that it was going to be held at Pioneer Park again; can we hope and wish for a return to Gallivan next summer??!!? But I think last summer was a perfect storm of a bigger venue and BIGGER names opening the series (Modest Mouse was a complete s**tshow). So I think while this year's lineup is not as mainstream, it will hopefully encourage the people who like to hear good music outnumber the small children who are there to be seen. Ehh, I can only hope. See you at the shows!!

July 14th * Explosions in the Sky
July 21st * The Decemberists
July 28th * Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
August 4th * Thurston Moore
August 11th * Bright Eyes
August 18th * Ghostland Observatory
August 25th * Lupe Fiasco

No comments: