This last week I took the boy to get all registered in preparation for starting his Senior Year of high school. Walking through those impressive front doors of the most bad-ass high school in the state, West High (yes, I am a Panther as well, class of 93, woot-woot), I was having a lot of mixed emotions. First: Disbelief. I truly can't believe that he is a senior and that he will soon be 18 years old. I'm so excited for what this year holds for him, because I remember having that same feeling as I started my senior year of high school. Now for those of you who don't want to do the math, yes it was during my senior year that my life forever changed and I found myself pregnant with this little miracle in my belly. So, my second emotion that gripped me was fear & apprehension at all once. I can only hope that I have taught him the importance of responsibility and why I want his story to be so different from mine. Once I reminded myself of that, the last emotion that calmed me down was that of happy anticipation. The memories and stories he'll build for himself this year will be ones that I hope he will carry with him forever. And I'm so excited that I'll be in the position to do everything I can to make those stories great.

I also had the supreme opportunity this week to see "my boys" 311 in concert once again. That will make 17 shows for me. I know a lot of people don't get it, but simply put, it makes me happy. So rather that trying to explain, I'll let the expressions on my face do the talking.
"Be Positive and Love Your Life!"
1 comment:
I love that you call him the boy. So cute! I can't believe he is a senior either. So crazy! I'm glad you are doing so well. I hope you are loving the nursing gig!
Post a Comment